Extraction of Wisdom Teeth
Remove wisdom teeth safely. Relieve pain and prevent complications. Ensures oral health and comfort.
Your Smile, Our Commitment
Wisdom Tooth Extraction in Dubai
Wisdom teeth usually grow during early adulthood. Some people don’t experience any pain or discomfort, and their wisdom teeth grow smoothly. However, some people don’t have enough space in their gums, or their wisdom teeth grow in unusual directions, causing dental issues and pain. In such cases, a dental infection may occur, and dentists recommend the extraction of the impacted tooth. At MedDental Clinic, wisdom tooth extraction in Dubai is performed by qualified dentists to avoid disease, decay, and damage to other teeth.
What Are Wisdom Teeth?
The wisdom teeth are the third molars of the upper and lower jaws located at the end of the dentition (angle of the jaw and the tuberosity of the upper maxillary). They usually erupt in the back corners of your jaws between the ages of 18 to 25.
Why do dentists recommend wisdom tooth extraction?
Your dentist will suggest tooth extraction if:
- You have an impacted tooth, or your wisdom tooth grew in the wrong position
- You feel pain or inflammation in the affected area, which can lead to infections
- The proper alignment of your teeth is disrupted due to the lack of space in the oral cavity. Your orthodontist will check for issues.
- The wisdom tooth is decayed and cannot be recovered from traditional oral care.
Multiple dental extractions are often decided because of the state of decay of these teeth that can no longer be treated or because of an infection.
How Our Qualified Dentists Extract Wisdom Tooth?
- In the case of simultaneous and difficult extractions, the surgery can be performed under general anesthesia. However, if the issue is simple, our certified surgeon will extract the tooth in one session.
- We can give local anesthesia for single or multiple wisdom tooth extractions. Our dentists also provide a detailed consultation about pre-operative anesthesia.
- When the teeth are extracted, they are removed with suitable instruments such as extraction forceps.
- When the teeth are impacted in the bone, the gum must be incised, and then the bone must be milled. Sometimes, it is necessary to cut the tooth before the extraction.
- The closure can be done with the help of resorbable sutures that disappear spontaneously. Their persistence associated with a local irritation indicates consultation before their removal.
- The duration of the surgery is variable according to the difficulties, with an average of 15 to 60 minutes.
- Patients must plan a few days of sick leave (1 to 3 days) after an extraction under general or local anesthesia.
Minor bleeding that lasts for several hours is common after surgery. Treatment consists of applying a sterile gauze bandage to the area to be removed and pressing down on it. This will help reduce bleeding. In addition, your dentist will suggest a rinse medication that should be used with extreme caution during the first hours and days after removal to avoid losing the blood clot that protects the socket. The night after removal, sleep on a raised pillow – this also prevents bleeding.
Pain in the level of the surgery areas is more severe in the lower arch than in the upper one. It often stops with painkillers and disappears within a few days. Our qualified dentists will prescribe a suitable treatment as per your condition. Ice cubes wrapped in linen (not directly on the skin) can decrease the swelling and pain.
The swelling of the cheeks is common but varies from patient to patient. It is best to take juices or soft food such as mashed potatoes to avoid chewing, which can lead to swelling.
Precautions After Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Food must be soft, lukewarm, or cold. Avoid hot, spicy, and acidic foods.
- Good oral hygiene is essential for wound healing despite the swelling and pain. After each meal, the teeth and gums should be cleaned by brushing. Your dental surgeon will prescribe mouthwash or a jet cleaning system for optimal care. Our dentists will provide detailed oral care methods after wisdom tooth extraction in Dubai.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption because they can cause irritation in the cavity and disrupt wound healing.
- Apply ice packs, especially during the first two days.
- Do not take aspirin in the ten days preceding the surgery.
- In case of any doubt about your treatment, please bring your prescription to your surgeon.
- Bring your dental X-rays if they are in your possession.
- Having a good breakfast the morning of the surgery is advisable if your dentist is performing wisdom tooth extraction under local anesthesia.
Why MedDental Clinic for Wisdom Tooth Extraction in Dubai
At MedDental Clinic, the prime goal is to keep your natural teeth intact and healthy. Our certified dentists and oral surgeons are experts in performing painless extraction of impacted teeth. They will make you feel comfortable during the appointment. We perform wisdom tooth extraction in Dubai under general or local anesthesia to curb the anxiety of our patients. Call us now to book an appointment.
Free Oral Exam for new patient
Schedule Your Appointment Online
Experience convenient dental care at MedDental Clinic. Book your free consultation by filling out our Appointment Booking form. Our representative will promptly contact you to provide all the details. Choose the most suitable time for your visit and let us take care of your dental needs.
Why choose MedDental
Incredible Features just for your convenience
Experience Convenience and Quality at MedDental Clinic
At MedDental, we blend round-the-clock service, cutting-edge technology, and expert care for an unparalleled dental experience. Enjoy free parking, complimentary consultations with our multilingual team, and personalized treatments from our globally recognized doctors. Discover the MedDental difference and let us help you achieve your brightest smile.