Wisdom Tooth Extraction by Qualified Dentists
Wisdom Tooth Extraction by Qualified Dentists
- The extraction of the wisdom teeth consists of the removal of the third molars of the upper and/or lower jaws located at the end of the dentition (angle of the jaw and the tuberosity of the upper maxillary).
These teeth must be extracted either because they:
- are in the wrong position, impacted (in the bone or/and gum), and that they have been or will be at the origin of pain, inflammation or even infections
- can disrupt the proper alignment of your teeth by lack of place (the indication is often highlighted by the Orthodontist)
- are decayed and can no longer benefit from traditional care.
- Multiple dental extractions are more often decided because of the state of decay of these teeth that can no longer be treated or because there is an infection.
How does the surgery take place?
- The surgery can be performed under general anesthesia - in case of simultaneous and/or difficult extractions -, in ambulatory (you are only taken to the Day Surgical Center during the day), the teeth are then extracted in one session.
In that case, a consultation about pre-operative anesthesia is essential.
For a single extraction, a local anesthesia can usually be proposed in our Clinic.
- When the teeth are extracted, they are removed with suitable instruments (Extraction forceps)
- When the teeth are impacted in the bone, the gum must be incised, then the bone must be milled. Sometimes it is necessary to cut the tooth before the extraction.
- The closure is done with the help of resorbable sutures which disappear spontaneously. Their persistence associated with a local irritation is an indication for consultation before their removal.
- The duration of the surgery is variable according to the difficulties, with an average of 15 to 60 minutes.
- Although this is not systematic, plan a few days of sick leave (2 to 3 days) after an extraction, be it under General or Local anesthesia.
The post-operative recoveries and care.
- Bleeding: It is common that a small bleeding persists for a few hours up to a full night following the surgery. The treatment consists of applying a sterile pad on the area of the extraction and bite on it as long as the bleeding has not stopped. In order not to evacuate the blood clot which has formed in the cell, mouthwash will be prescribed, which
- must be made gently during the first 24 hours and with the cold water.
- Pain at the level of the surgery areas is more frequent in the lower arch than in the upper one. It often stops with painkillers and disappears within a few days. A suitable treatment will be prescribed by your Surgeon as you leave the Clinic/Day Surgical Center. Ice cubes wrapped in a linen (not directly on the skin) decrease the swelling and pain.
- Edema (swelling of the cheeks) is frequent but very variable, especially in teenagers.
- A limitation of the oral aperture is common for a few cases.
To obtain a scarring in good conditions after the surgery, some precautions must be observed:
- Food must be soft, lukewarm or cold. Avoid a food too hot, too spicy or too acid, such as orange juice.
- Despite the edema and pain, a good oral hygiene is essential for wound healing to be done without complication.
- After each meal, the teeth and gums should be cleaned by brushing. Mouthwash are prescribed in addition to the brushing. A jet cleaning system can also be used.
- Smoking must be stopped, alcohol and all the irritants until the end of the wound healing.
- Plan to apply Ice packs especially during the first 2 days.
What you need to anticipate:
- Do not take aspirin in the 10 days preceding the surgery.
- In case of any doubt about your treatment, please bring your prescription to your surgeon.
- Bring your dental X-rays if they are in your possession.
- Under local anesthesia: it is advisable to have a good breakfast the morning of the surgery.
Amazing services. It was our first time for my husband and I, so a bit scared about what will happen (like every time that we go to the dentist) and at end everything went perfectly. Our dentist Irynha was amazing, she was explaining to us all the situation and then she gave us a time to think about it for doing it or not. She was a careful listener and really helpful. The first consultation is free. So don’t hesitate to pass by you will find great professionals !!!
I am a loyal customer of the Dome MedDental Clinic for a few years and I must admit the high level of their staff, doctors and customer service. My special gratitude is for Dr. Iryna Zinkovych who has an excellent method as a dentist with a very thorough approach. She is extremely familiar with all of the latest trends in dental technology and she uses much of it in her practice. Dr. Iryna is a painless dentist. I would strongly recommend her and I am certain that there are many other patients who feel the same way.
Excellent dentistry! Five star experience. Dr. Yulia is so gentle and professional. Whole clinic is staffed with leaders in their profession.
Would definitely recommend! The clinic was able to make an appointment in the same day. My mother had acute severe tooth ache and the procedure was 99% pain free. Reasonable prices. Very friendly and helpful staff service.
I love this dentist so much. They helped me immediately with the pain I was feeling and with my wisdom tooth extraction. I was so nervous but I didn’t feel a thing! Very friendly and efficient, and the staff and doctors are so kind and professional. I will recommend this dentist to anyone. Thanks so much for this first class service.
I visited MedDental for dental cleaning and I am very satisfied with the entire experience. Dr. Nourine is highly professional and was generous to patiently and properly explain the steps and timeframe of the procedure, followed by an easy and pain-free cleaning session with state-of-the-art equipment and world-class hygienic standards and GREAT RESULTS!. I highly recommend MedDental and will definitely visit them again for dental services/treatment.
All is good and reliable, professional and friendly staff, reasonable prices, good location, easy to get an appointment. Definitely my choice while I live in Dubai.
I loved the clinic, all staff are very friendly and helpful. Doctor Maria is very professional and experienced. She gave me a lot of useful tips to maintain my teeth healthy. Definitely will recommend this clinic!
The best dental clinic I have ever been in! I was very worried going to a dentist since I'm pregnant. But it turned out I had nothing to worry about, coz I was in good hands. I would like to thank Dr.Irina for her professionalism and caring personality. She did an amazing job today! Definitely will be going only to this clinic.
Excellent and experienced Doctors. Welcoming staff. My treatment went very well. Thank you Med Dental for this amazing experience. I will definetly visit again and recommend my family and friends.
Nice Doctor. Amazing place and service. Highly Recommended!!!
All my family is with MedDental last 3 years - best place we had, professional experienced doctors, very fair pricing, they never charge anything extra, like many other clinics do.
I recommend this clinic to my friends.
All in all amazing dental experience. The staff is very polite and friendly. Thank you Dome Med dental clinic for taking care and addressing all my concerns. Highly recommended Dental clinic in Dubai !
WOW! An outstanding experience. A massive thanks to Dr Elina, what a truly extraordinary skillful and competent dentist. She is professional, compassionate, patient, considerate and attentive.A colossal expression of gratitude to the clinic and its staff for providing an amazing service. Made the decision today to move all our families dental care to this clinic under the trusting care of Dr. Elina. A noteworthy 5* service.